5.25.2011

Chair, you're fired!

That's right I said it. Since we moved in a year and a half ago, the television in our bedroom has been sitting on a chair. Yes, I said a chair. The funny part is we have a couple of tables or even benches that could get the job done but Mr. chair was trusty and reliable aka we were too lazy to move it. If it ain't broke, why fix it, right?


By chance, I was on Craigslist for no real reason and found this beauty.

 Seriously, I think I have an addiction.  I'd much prefer stalking the thrift stores but I must work to support my habits family, so I don't get to go out in the prime shopping hours and most thrift stores are closed or closing by the time I get off of work. I don't know what I am necessarily looking for all the time but I have a strange attraction to Craigslist. Their should be some sort of 12 step program for it. I keep hitting refresh looking for something new to pop up, maybe in hopes of finding something like this again. I also have some sort of addiction to watch how people like to overprice their crap. I love the listings of said beautiful item for $1000+ with no pictures. Yea, you really sold me. Anyways, back to my lovely new tv stand.

I initially emailed the seller 2 weeks ago on a Friday evening. I thought she ignored my message, which I think is very rude, but she actually did respond and I turned out to be the rude one since I never replied back after she responded twice. As fate would have it, I happened to check my gmail account (which is not one of my three main accounts) and realized she had responded to that account. So I asked if the table was still up for grabs and by luck it was. Long story short, I was able to pick up my new tv stand last Thursday and it has been love at first site.


 I love a piece with curves as you can see here. Definitely going to paint and thinking about adding mirrors to the inserts. My inspirations are
missmustardseed
Vintage Revivals
Vintage Revivals
I am thinking I will pick up some Sherwin Williams Creamy to try out on my table and glaze it.  Sherwin Williams is having a 30% off paint sale until the 30th so it's a good time to pick up some paint. I have been wanting to try some Sherwin William paint considering MissMustardSeed raves about SW paint and that color in particular. I am not being paid for advertising or anything but I thought I would throw it out there in case anyone wants to try some SW paint out since it's on the pricey side.

Are you currently transforming any furniture pieces? 

1 comment:

  1. I have so many projects going for my sisters place. I'm trying chalk paint and I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...