6.16.2011

Window Shopping: Craiglist Edition

So, I always seem to find the most amazing things when I am dead broke it is not pay week. Here are couple of things that tickled my fancy that were $100 and under.

 Like this flower shaped table coffee table. I love the curvy shape and the support lines underneath the glass add extra interest. Definitely not your usual rectangular wood coffee table and I would love to buy for only $60 but I already have three coffee tables. The boyfriend would NOT be happy. We already have this lovely table that I painted blue for the living room, a yard sale table for the sunroom, and a Goodwill table that doesn't have a home but it was only $1.00 since it was missing a glass insert.
Craigslist
This cute mirror with antique-style gold trim for $25. I am no gold girl but this mirror could convert me. Love the details of it and it would look great for my future wall of mirrors or sunroom. Also would make a cool chalkboard.
Craigslist
Next we have this vintage nightstands for $45 for the set. Just looks like they need some extra loving on the top. Would be cute to paint them a funky color or even a glaze just enhance the wood tones for a nice variation of colors. 
Craigslist
Finally, this green painted farmhouse table with turned legs and a drawer caught my eye for $100. Not the best deal of the day since it doesn't include any chairs. On the other hand, it is also solid wood and I want it bad.

Craigslist
You see, on Pinterest, I saved this image for my dining room inspiration
iheartshabbychic
I found 6 caned-back chairs that came with an oval table form $95 on Craigslist at a local Consigment Store that aren't as curvy. They are more like these ones from threeboys although 2 are armchairs.
threeboyshome
But not pretty at all, rather dingy I may say so. But it's ok. The plan is to redo and update the chairs. Then hang onto the table until I either sell said table, buy a farmhouse table or build one. Preferably, I would like to find one like the green one above.

So that's the plan. Can't wait to share. Should have the table and chairs in another week or so. Will update with the goods when they arrive.

Linking up to

Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...